Past Ad Hoc Committees
The Great Lakes Panel may establish ad hoc committees to address specific issues that emerge or assume tasks not covered by the standing committees. Ad hoc committees are established for a specific purpose (e.g., ballast water management policy, funding strategies for Panel operations, nomination of Panel officers) and for a specific period of time. Once the purpose for which the committee was formed has been accomplished, the committee will be disbanded. Here, you can find information about past issue-specific ad hoc committees of the Great Lakes Panel.
The purpose of this committee was to improve regional species and pathway risk assessment coordination and to develop a scope of work for the development of a risk assessment clearinghouse. The committee was convened in August 2016 and formally discharged in May 2019.
- Summary of Risk Assessment Protocols (2017)
- Recommendations for Development of an Aquatic Invasive Species Risk Assessment Clearinghouse (2018)
- Risk Assessment Database (link to NOAA-GLANSIS site)
- Risk Assessment Clearinghouse Project Report (2019)
- Development Guidance for Risk Assessment Databases (2019)
The purpose of this committee was to provide a forum for ongoing communication and coordination specific to Grass Carp and to track and advance progress on Great Lakes Panel Grass Carp priorities. These priorities served as the organizing framework for committee work. The committee was convened in August 2016 and formally discharged in May 2019.